Delivers at a high level of competency in complex technical support of computer and other technology issues. Assesses and performs analysis on data, and prepares data to field manager support functions of organization. Responsibilities require understanding of both theory and practice.
1. Develops and applies solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and competency in technology issues.
2. Communicates to determine instructional technology requirements; provides recommendations for technology system implementation repair and replace or upgrades.
3. Provides training, instruction and mentoring.
4. Supports and instructs school staff in the use of equipment for maintaining inventory records of equipment, software, materials and supplies.
5. Provides network, e-mail, hardware, desktop software and peripheral equipment support for teachers, staff and students; provides support and assistance to school webmasters.
6. Receives and responds to routine and critical calls for service and assistance as prescribed in district service level agreements using a Service Management system; provides phone support, accesses systems remotely or visits sites as required; works on call after regular working hours as scheduled.
7. Troubleshoots problems with equipment and systems; makes adjustments and repairs as necessary and/or works to resolve hardware and software problems.
8. Administers and maintains user and group objects in the enterprise Active Directory structure.
9. Installs, configures, test and maintains computer software and hardware; upgrades software and hardware; customizes software packages.
10. Provides network connectivity support for computer endpoints; supports connectivity to district and customer databases; facilitates Information Technology assigned data collection, transfer of customer data and performs backup of customer data.
11. Converses with management to determine type, scope, and purpose of analyses. May lead a team in the effort. Work with other analysts and management to complete assigned project work.
12. Deals with complex problems and provide solutions that are innovative and ingenious, achieving quality and work process improvements.
13. Ensures that the work group's goals and activities are in synch with and support the broader goals and objectives of the organization; and that the execution of responsibilities are in accordance to lawful and ethical standards.
14. Provides guidance and assistants in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records, correspondence, and files related to assigned service, activities, and operations; provides for appropriate research and compiles reports, as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology, Information Systems Management or related field plus an additional 4 years related experience, or equivalent, for a total education/experience of 8 years. COMPTIA-A+ certification, MCITP certification and Apple certified Mac technician preferred. Degree Equivalency Formula: Bachelor's Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience. Master's Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master's degrees are required, years for Bachelor's Degrees must be included.
In depth knowledge of Computer Technology, Information Systems Management or related field In depth knowledge of multiplatform personal computers and peripheral equipment, appropriate system security, associated peripheral equipment, server configurations and troubleshooting methodologies Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to swiftly and accurately understand complex data and perform analysis Skill in developing data-supported solutions and using fact-based logic; ability to translate complex analysis in easy-to-understand manner and present to a broad audience Strong written and verbal communication skills Outstanding leadership skills and ability to build high-performing teams through both recruitment and selection and professional development Ability to tackle the operational challenges of the merged school district in a complex, changing political and educational environment Ability to manage daily administrative tasks without losing sight of long-term goals and planning.
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
SCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SCS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.