Performs as an instructional specialist in selected schools to increase effectiveness of on-site instructional programs, to improve utilization of instructional materials, to promote development, implementation and coordination of the school's instructional goals.
1. Builds capacity of teachers and teacher assistants to support academic achievement
2. Plans, organizes and conducts parental involvement activities to ensure increased student achievement
3. Works as part of the leadership team with the building principal
4. Identifies, plans, organizes and conducts professional development relevant to school needs
5. Researches, identifies, and models best practices
6. Facilitates the development of a quality and effective learning environment
7. Manages district and site-based instructional programs/initiatives
8. Assists teachers in planning, implementing and monitoring intervention strategies that support identified low performing students
9. Coordinates effective curriculum implementation, classroom instruction, and classroom management
10. Completes informal teacher observations and TEM evaluations as directed by the Principal
11. Performs other related duties to support the academic achievement of students
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor?s Degree. Master?s Degree preferred in Curriculum and Instruction and/or Administrative & Supervision (Educational Leadership) and requires five (5) years of demonstrated successful teaching experience; requires valid Tennessee Teacher?s Certificate and meet the definition of ?highly qualified?; Endorsements: 9-12.
Requires knowledge of Shelby County Schools curriculum, instructional goals, procedures, and practices Strong knowledge of No Child Left Behind laws and regulations In-depth knowledge of principles of effective instruction from advance curriculum and content and instruction Knowledge of growth and development and learning theory Skill in assessment and evaluation of students Ability to manage curriculum development, in-service training, and related activities and provide a high level of instructional leadership for teachers and administrators; Excellent human relations skills and ability to establish and maintain successful cooperative working relationship with appropriate school communities, and school-based and central office staffs Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Strong organizational and management skills