1. Generates tutoring plans for each student that details individual goals and suggested enrichment activities for both home and during school; assesses and documents student progress.
2. Develops and assists students with academic exercises and class activities; concentrates efforts with small groups of students and individuals, as necessary.
3. Compiles, prepares, and organizes materials and classroom for instruction and other learning activities.
4. Reinforces all knowledge and skills taught by the classroom teacher.
5. Assists teacher with academic instruction and the instruction of daily routines, skills, and concepts as needed.
6. Provides instructional support and reinforcement to students identified in need of tutoring services.
7. Utilizes effective instructional practices, behavior management strategies, assessment techniques and directed teaching methods.
8. Collects and compiles statistical data as needed for accountability and program development.
9. Collects, organizes and completes information necessary for reports and evaluation.
10. Communicates and collaborates effectively with teachers, central office staff and local school administrators.