1. Assists in overseeing the daily operations and administration of assigned elementary school; assumes responsibilities of the Principal in his or her absence.
2. Supervises assigned professional, para-professional, administrative and support staff members, including establishing staffing standards, organizing, selecting or recommending selection, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and terminating or recommending termination; prepares periodic employee performance evaluations.
3. Develops and implements staff training and development programs and opportunities.
4. Assists in planning and implementing school-wide programs, policies, goals and objectives; ensures program and policy adherence to organizational standards and legal regulations.
5. Assists in ensuring that all school and District policies are effectively explained and implemented.
6. Assists in establishing and maintaining plans and actions to accomplish school goals; establishes school calendars and schedules.
7. Assists in the development of long-range facility needs at assigned school; assists in coordinating safety and facility/grounds inspections at the school.
8. Assists with the preparation and management of the school budget; solicits and secures grants for special programs and projects; may direct or assist with the procurement of equipment and supplies.
9. Assists in reviewing and evaluating the instructional program; observes classroom environment and makes recommendations for improvement in instruction and class management as appropriate; establishes and maintains a system of school-wide textbook accountability.
10. Assists in coordinating and implementing required standardized testing programs.
11. Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces discipline as necessary, complying with due process and rights of students.
12. Provides leadership for and supervision of extracurricular activities as assigned.
13. Coordinates special programs and events as assigned.
14. Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns and complaints from teachers, students and parents; works to resolve administrative, instructional and behavioral problems.
15. Prepares and maintains records and reports required by law, Board policies and administrative directives; ensures staff maintain assigned records and prepare required reports with accuracy and in a timely manner.
16. Assists in implementing the public relations program for assigned school.
17. Enforces policies and procedures designed to protect the safety and welfare of students and staff while on campus.
18. Keeps abreast of developments and innovations in the profession and ensures that staff members remain current as well.
19. Keeps supervisor informed of events and activities of an unusual nature as well as routine matters related to supervisor's accountability.
20. Performs various administrative/office duties as necessary, including preparing reports and correspondence, compiling information and data for reports, copying and filing documents, receiving and responding to e-mails.
21. Represents the school and District at various professional and community meetings as appropriate.
22. Coordinates school programs and activities with those of other schools, agencies and organizations as appropriate.
23. Attends classes, training, conferences, workshops and meetings as appropriate or necessary to maintain job knowledge and skills and/or required certifications.
24. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.